lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mingfeng Yang <mfy...@wisewindow.com>
Subject Read an solr index with two different lucene formats
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:53:17 GMT
I have a solr index built with solr 1.4 a few years ago, and later upgraded
to solr 3.6, and now the index is consisting of 150 million documents.

Now I want to read all values of a DateField from the index.  But it turns
out that for nearly 100 million documents,  document.get('date') return
null, and all other 50 million works just fine.

I used solr to query the index, and verified that each document does have a
non-blank date field.  I suspect that it's because the lucene-3.6 api I am
using can not read datefield correctly from documents written in lucene 1.4
format.

Is this possible?  If it is, is there anyway to get the values right?

Ming-