lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sirish Vadala <sirishre...@gmail.com>
Subject KStemFilter
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:30:42 GMT
Hello All,

I have a new requirement within my text search implementation to perform
stemming. I have done some research and implemented snowball, but however
the customers found it too aggressive and eventually I got them to agree to
compromise on k-stem algorithm.

Currently my existing code is on Lucene 2.9, which I would like to push to
the latest Lucene 4.3. So finally I have decided to build a custom analyzer
that implements kstem filter.

/    public class KStemAnalyzer extends Analyzer {

          @Override
          public final TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader
reader) {
               TokenStream result = new StandardTokenizer(Version.LUCENE_43,
reader);
               result = new StandardFilter(Version.LUCENE_43, result);
               result = new LowerCaseFilter(Version.LUCENE_43, result);
               result = new StopFilter(Version.LUCENE_43, result,
StandardAnalyzer.STOP_WORDS_SET);
               return new KStemFilter(result);
          }

          @Override
          protected TokenStreamComponents createComponents(String string,
Reader reader) {
              throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Not supported yet.");
          }
    }/

However I get an error /'tokenStream(String,Reader) in KStemAnalyzer cannot
override tokenStream(String,Reader) in Analyzer overridden method is
final'/. I was looking to find some documentation or example
implementations, but all I could find is the api that is not very
descriptive.

Any hint on how to initialize this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.