lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene Index Upgradation
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 06:28:01 GMT
Hi,

This is not a Lucene problem or a problem with the index. It looks like one of those:
a) You have some outdated Lucene JAR files somewhere in your classpath (e.g. JAR file from
Lucene 2.4 mixed with those of Lucene 3.4) in the classpath. You should clean up your compilation
and runtime classpath and only list *one* version of Lucene JARs and really no duplicate JARs
from different versions
b) The error does only happen in your own class, not in Lucene's code. The Java verifier cannot
check the method types because the types mismatch. This can happen, if the classloader that
loads Lucene is a different one that the one loading your classes. I have no idea what application
server you are using, but nmake sure that Lucene and your application classes are next to
each other in the WEB-INF/lib folder (if this is a web application).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen