lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From andi rexha <a_re...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Merge policy!
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 11:06:37 GMT
Hi Mike,
Thank you for fast reply.
You are right! I was using using on one side the TieredMergePolicy and on the other hand the
superclass MergePolicy thinking that the "setUseCompoundFile(boolean)" was a method of the
 MergePolicy class.

Sorry for this email and thanks again!

> From: lucene@mikemccandless.com
> Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 06:57:06 -0400
> Subject: Re: Merge policy!
> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> I don't think those APIs changed from 4.1 to 4.2.1?
>
> Can you give more details?  Eg, which merge policy you are using?
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM, andi rexha <a_rexha@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I want to create a simulation of the old "optimize" for an index. I can do it for
4.1 api, because I can use the method  "setUseCompoundFile(true)" for the merge policy and
call indexWriter.forceMerge(1);