lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Liz Sommers <lizswo...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with reading an index
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 16:37:53 GMT
We are totally confused and are wondering if this is a known bug.  We are
currently using lucene 3.6.0 to index with and for our searches.

Our indexing software was compiled under openJdk 1.6.0-b09.

Our index was built under HotSpot 1.6.0_43-b01

We are trying to run our index under openJdk 1.6.0_0

Yes, I know these are old jvms, but at this point we are stuck with them.

If we run our search software under HotSpot (the machine we built the index
on) we get correct answers.

If we run our search software under openJdk 1.6.0_0 we consistently get the
same (incorrect) answer.

Is there a feature/bug in lucene that is causing this discrepancy?

Thanks so much
Liz Sommers
lizsworks@gmail.com