lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Arun Kumar K <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 4.2 DocValues
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 14:48:18 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to understand DocValues and get some hands on and have
observed few things.

I have added LongDocValuesField to the documents like:
doc.add(new LongDocValuesField("id",1));

1> In 4.0 i saw that there are two versions for docvalues,
     RAM Resident(using Sources.getSOurces())  & On
Disk(Sources.getDirectSources()).

     But in 4.2 i get LongDocValues using
"context.reader().getNumericDocValues(field) ". Which type is this ?
     If this RAM based then is there any Disk-Based equivalent ?

2> Can DocValuesField be used for search ? I coudn't. Did i miss something?
     "searcher.search(parser.parse("docvaluedfield:value"),100)"

     I am able to use for sorting.
     If possible i want to avoid having a stored field in index with same
"name" & "Value" of DocValueField of same
     document and perform search.

3> I have a reader opened on DirectoryReader with the docBaseInParent value
as 0 (first documents internal ID).
     Even when i delete the first added document (with internal docID = 0)
using some query the docBaseInParent is not
     updated to 1(next documents internal ID). I have committed writer,
forceMergeDeletes but it's the same.
     I have also seen getLiveDocs().

    Just curious to know the reasons for not updating the docBase ?

Thanks,
Arun