lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: TrackingIndexWriter.tryDeleteDocument(IndexReader, int) vs deleteDocuments(Query)
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 19:18:48 GMT
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Reg <register9527@gmail.com> wrote:
> TrackingIndexWriter.tryDeleteDocument(IndexReader, int) returns an
> AtomicInteger indexingGen.  And in my case it returns 1 which means the
> underlying IndexWriter.tryDeleteDocument(IndexReader, int) returns true.

If tryDeleteDocument returned 1 then the delete should have taken ...
can you write this up as a test case showing the issue?

Are you sure docID 0 is the right document to delete?  Remember that
the Collector can get multiple docID=0 (one per segment)...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com