lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From AarKay <ksu.wildc...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 08:23:48 GMT
I see that Lucene 4.x has FieldInfo.IndexOptions that can be used to tell
lucene whether to Index Documents/Frequencies/Positions/Offsets.

We are in the process of upgrading from Lucene 2.9 to Lucene 4.x and I was
wondering if there was a way to tell lucene whether to index
docs/freqs/pos/offsets or not in the older versions (2.9) or did it always
index positions and offsets by default?

Also I see that Lucene 4.x has FieldType.setStoreTermVectorPositions and
FieldType.setStoreTermVectorOffsets.
Can someone please tell me a usecase for storing positions and offsets in
Is it necessary to store termvector positions and offsets when using
IndexOptions.DOCS_AND_FREQS_AND_POSITIONS_AND_OFFSETS?

Thanks
-AarKay