lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject RE: search-time facetting in Lucene
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 05:43:07 GMT
kiwi clive [kiwi_clive@yahoo.com]:
> Thanks very much for the reply. I see there is not a quick win here but as
> we are going through an index consolidation process, it may pay to make
> the leap to 4.3 and put in facetting while I'm in there. We will get facetting
> slowly through the back door while the consolidation runs (we have 10,000+
> shards). If it were not for the consolidation required, I thin bobo would have
> been the way forward.

I do not know much about Bobo Browse, but it seems that it works directly with existing indexes:
https://linkedin.jira.com/wiki/display/BOBO/Create+a+Browse+Index

The implicit requirement is that the values for your facet fields are already indexed so that
the analyzed content fits your faceting requirements.

- Toke Eskildsen