lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shahak Nagiel <snag...@yahoo.com>
Subject Case insensitive StringField?
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 14:06:14 GMT
It appears that StringField instances are treated as literals, even though my analyzer lower-cases
(on both write and read sides).  So, for example, I can match with a term query (e.g. "NEW
YORK"), but only if the case matches.  If I use a QueryParser (or MultiFieldQueryParser),
it never works because these query values are lowercased and don't match.

I've found that using a TextField instead works, presumably because it's tokenized and processed
correctly by the write analyzer.  However, I would prefer that queries match against the
entire/exact phrase ("NEW YORK"), rather than among the tokens ("NEW" or "YORK").

What's the solution here?

Thanks in advance.