lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: why did I build index slower and slower ?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 07:28:05 GMT
On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 05:05 +0200, wgggfiy wrote:
> My situation is that There are 10,000,000 documents, and I Build index every
> 5,000 documents. while *in every build*, I follow these steps:
> IndexWriterConfig iwc = new IndexWriterConfig(Version.LUCENE_40, analyzer);

You skipped the part where you commit and close. If you are optimizing
the index down to a low number of segments, that would explain most of
the slowdown.

Another part is that you open the index for each batch. That takes a bit
of time. If you have frequent batch runs, you might want to switch to a
setup where the index writer is persistent.

- Toke Eskildsen, state and University Library, Denmark