lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Colin Pollock <pollockco...@gmail.com>
Subject Subclassing QueryScorer
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 22:26:54 GMT
Hi, I want to modify how the QueryScorer selects fragments for snippeting. I
want to add a small boost for fragments that contain certain terms (e.g.
"great", "amazing") to the unique term occurrence score. But I don't want
these words to actually be highlighted, so I can't just add them to the
query (or make a WeightedSpamTerm[] myself containing both the query terms
and word list terms and pass it to the QueryScorer).

I tried to subclass lucene.search.highlight.QueryScorer and override the
getTokenScore method. But the scorer's PositionIncrementAttribute field is
private. I could change the Lucene source or copy QueryScorer's code into a
new subclass.

I can't find any examples of QueryScorer being subclassed so it seems like
there might be a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

I'm using Lucene 3.5.0.

Thanks,
Colin