lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: problem with reading an index
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 16:48:08 GMT
Hi Liz,

See http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/JavaBugs
If you run Lucene under such old Java versions, we cannot give any support. The Hotspot VMs
in older versions is so buggy that running Lucene with them is just like running a 20 year
old car down a hill and no MacGyver sitting next to you :-)

Uwe

P.S.: You may also be interested in the following talk coming soon on the BerlinBuzzwords
conference:
http://berlinbuzzwords.de/sessions/testing-lucene-and-solr-various-jvms-bugs-bugs-bugs

-----
Uwe Schindler