lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Highlighting search words in full document
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 12:38:40 GMT
Sounds like what you want to do is
1> with each verse, store the chapter ID. This could be the ID of
another document. There's no requirement that all docs in an index
have the same structure. In this case, you could have a "type" field
in each doc with values like "verse" and "chapter". For your verse
searches, you specify an fq=type:verse.

2> Along with each verse, you store the chapter ID, and when a use
clicks on the chapter you use the doc information to fetch the doc
containing that verse and display the highlighted version.

Best
Erick