lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.2, where is facet residue
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 03:47:17 GMT
Hi Nicola,

Yes, the residue was removed in LUCENE-4709 since it was a senseless
number. If you index your facets with OrdinalPolicy.ALL_PARENTS, then the
residue can be computed from root.value - sum(topK.value).

Also, FacetResult.numValidDescendants actually contains the right statistic
(total number of valid children), however it was set incorrectly by
FacetsAccumulator (see LUCENE--4885). If you use StandardFacetsAccumulator,
it is computed right.

Shai