lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When should I commit IndexWriter and TaxonomyWriter if I use NRT readers?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:47:43 GMT
It's the same decision that you need to make regarding IndexWriter.
You should commit when you want the data to be persistent. This can happen
on a timer-basis (e.g. every 10 minutes), or following some application
logic, e.g. finished crawling a website or indexing a chunk of documents.

NRT support allows you to search the index without committing, however you
need to commit in order to make index changes persistent.

Shai