lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Jangra <sandeepjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Complete re-indexing using lucene
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:33:27 GMT
Hi,

  I am using lucene in my project built in java.
  I am writing the index to a file using FSDirectory.open("c:\\temp").

  Every hour boundary I need to re-index the complete system.
  But if I use the same directory "c:\\temp" for re-indexing, the directory
size will grow eventually because of new segments being created every hour.

  Does lucene provide a clean way for handling this or would I have to
handle it in my application by having new index location.

  Please let me know and Thanks in advance for the help!