lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject StackedUpdates [Lucene-4258] using stored fields possible?
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:59:39 GMT
The stacked updates issue as in the link mentioned
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4258 handles FieldUpdates only
for "new incoming values".

In our case, all fields that are updated are, by default StoredFields.

Currently StackedTermsEnum looks too costly on computing Term Stats. Is it
possible for us to read the stored-fields value during
BufferedDeletesStream.applyDeletes() call [during flush/commit etc...], so
that we can "adjust" TermStats etc... correctly during index write
itself? We have our own codec holding TermStats, where such "adjustments"
are possible [Simple Key-Value pair]

One major issue is tokenization, which will delay NRT re-opens for a long
time.

Any suggestion is really helpful

--
Ravi