lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shalyminov <ishalymi...@yandex-team.ru>
Subject How to use concurrency efficiently
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:29:30 GMT
Hello!

I have a ~20GB index and try to make a concurrent search over it.
The index has 16 segments, I run SpanQuery.getSpans() on each segment concurrently.
I see really small performance improvement of searching concurrently. I suppose, the reason
is that the sizes of the segments are very non-uniform (3 segments have ~20 000 docs each,
and the others have less than 1 000 each).
How to make more uniformly sized segments (I now use just writer.forceMerge(16)), and are
multiple index segments the most important thing in Lucene concurrency?

--
Best Regards,
Igor