lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use concurrency efficiently
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 02:59:02 GMT
Hi,

I've experimented a bit with MultiFieldQueryParser (http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_2_0/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/MultiFieldQueryParser.html)

But it seems to search for each of a query's terms in each field specified in the constructor.
So, as the doc says, if you query on two terms against two fields, it will search for each
term in each field.

What's the best way to construct a search for, say, two terms where one should be looked for
in field1 and the other in field2? Can this be done by a BooleanQuery that ANDs two TermQuerys?

I read something about the abstract class MultiTermQuery, but I don't really understand whether
or not it would help with this problem.

Thank you.

-Paul