lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mirko Sertic <mirko.ser...@web.de>
Subject Lucene Desktop Search Engine with JavaFX/Tika/Filesystem Crawler/HTML5
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:20:19 GMT
Hi@all

Lucene rocks, and based on some JavaFX/HTML5 hyprids i built a small
Java search engine for your desktop!

The prototype and the result can be seen here:

http://www.mirkosertic.de/doku.php/javastuff/fxdesktopsearch

I am using a multithreaded pipes and filters architecture with Tika as
the content extraction framework and of course Lucene as the fulltext
engine. It really rocks, i can search thousands of documents with syntax
highlighting within a few milliseconds. It also supports MoreLikeThis
queries showing document similarities.

Thanks @all working on Lucene!

I am planning future releases of the desktop search engine with facetted
search based on tika-extracted document metadata. Also NLP with named
entity extraction might be a usecase, so everyone who is willing to
contribute is very welcome. Sourcecode is OSS and hosted on Google Code
here:

http://code.google.com/p/freedesktopsearch/

Regards
Mirko