lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Schnober <schno...@ids-mannheim.de>
Subject Re: Statically store sub-collections for search (faceted search?)
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:53:20 GMT
Am 12.04.2013 20:08, schrieb SUJIT PAL:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Why not use your idea of the BooleanQuery but wrap it in a Filter instead? Since you
are not doing any scoring (only filtering), the max boolean clauses limit should not apply
to a filter.

Hi Sujit,
thanks for your suggestion! I wasn't aware that the max clause limit
does not match for a BooleanQuery wrapped in a filter. I suppose the
ideal way would be to use a BooleanFilter but not a QueryWrapperFilter,
right?

However, I am also not sure how to apply a filter in my use case because
I perform a SpanQuery. Although SpanQuery#getSpans() does take a Bits
object as an argument (acceptDocs), I haven't been able to figure out
how to generate this Bits object correctly from a Filter object.

Best,
Carsten

--
Institut für Deutsche Sprache | http://www.ids-mannheim.de