lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lavin <lav...@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject MLT Using a Query created in a different index
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:06:13 GMT

Dear Users,

I am doing some research where Lucene is integrated into agent
technology. Part of this work involves using an MLT query in an index
which was not created from a document in that index (i.e. the query is
created, serialised and sent to the remote agent).

Can anyone point me towards any information on what the potential impact
of doing this would be?

I'm assuming if both indexes have similar sets of documents, the impact
would be negligible, but what, for example would be the impact of
creating an MLT query from an index with only one or two documents for
use in an index with several (say 100+) documents,

with thanks,
Peter

--
with best regards,