lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Becker, Thomas" <Thomas.Bec...@netapp.com>
Subject Detecting when an index was not closed properly
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:33:21 GMT
We are doing some crash resiliency testing of our application.  One of the things we found
is that the Lucene index seems to get out of sync with the database pretty easily.  I suspect
this is because we are using near real time readers and never actually calling IndexWriter.commit().
 I'm trying to decide on the best way to handle this problem.  One is obviously we could move
to calling commit() when we update the index.  Alternatively, we could rebuild the index fairly
easily if we knew that it was closed improperly.  Is there an easy way to detect this?  Or
am I wrong to avoid calling commit()?

Thanks,
Tommy