lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shalyminov <ishalymi...@yandex-team.ru>
Subject Re: How to use concurrency efficiently
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:58:43 GMT
I personally use SpanNearQuey (span positions are always needed), and for different fields
I use FieldMaskingSpanQuery class.
I just choose one field name and then mask each SpanTermQuery's real field name with this
field via wrapper.

Maybe it can help.

--
Igor

03.04.2013, 06:59, "Paul" <arachweb@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've experimented a bit with MultiFieldQueryParser (http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_2_0/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/MultiFieldQueryParser.html)
>
> But it seems to search for each of a query's terms in each field specified in the constructor.
So, as the doc says, if you query on two terms against two fields, it will search for each
term in each field.

> What's the best way to construct a search for, say, two terms where one should be looked
for in field1 and the other in field2? Can this be done by a BooleanQuery that ANDs two TermQuerys?

> I read something about the abstract class MultiTermQuery, but I don't really understand
whether or not it would help with this problem.