lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zeynep P." <zp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Scoring function in LMDirichletSimilarity Class
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:46:00 GMT
Hi,

I have the same question related to LMJelinekMercerSimiliarity class.

  protected float score(BasicStats stats, float freq, float docLen) {
    return stats.getTotalBoost() *
        (float)Math.log(1 +  ((1 - lambda) * freq / docLen) / (lambda *
((LMStats)stats).getCollectionProbability()));
  }

 score = Math.log( (1 - lambda) *  freq / docLen * + *lambda *
((LMStats)stats).getCollectionProbability()) )

I am also getting much worse results by updating the code like above.

Why is it calculated this way?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
ZP

P.S: Instead of creating a new question, I used your question because I
believe that the reason should be the same.