lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Document scoring order?
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 06:26:58 GMT
Hi Otis,

they are generally processed in docId order. The special case "out-of-order" processing is
only used for BooleanScorer1, in which the document IDs can be reported to the Collector out-of-order
(because BooleanScorer scores documents in buckets). If you don’t allow out-of-order scoring,
BooleanScorer2 is used. But this out-of-order processing is just a "may" (the scorer "may"
process document in an undefined order), but only BS1 does this and there is no way to "define
the order". You just mark your collector to be able to handle the out-of-docid-order case.

To change the docid order, you may need to re-sort your index to have the documents in the
preferred order. See the recent features about index sorting. There is no other possibility
to change the document order. Of curse then you have to use BS2 (don’t allow out-of-order
scoring), to get documents in your preferred index order.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de