lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Indexed numeric fields return indexed() == false
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:52:16 GMT
Hi Neil,

the issue here is a API problem still present in Lucene 4.x. In Lucene 5 you cannot do that
anymore (reindex a document by passing IndexReader's return value into IndexWriter), so we
will not fix the issue for 4.x. In 5.0 the world looks like that and then it's no longer a
problem (because you cannot do what you want to do without an extra step):

- In Lucene 5, IndexReader.document() will return StoredDocument
- StoredDocument is incompatible to IndexedDocument, so you cannot pass StoredDocument to
IndexWriter. In Lucene 5 you have to copy the fields to a new index document and then you
have to take care to set properties correctly.

The information if a field was indexed or not is not available to IndexReader, so it cannot
fill that information. So the API glitch in previous Lucene versions and also 4.x is the fact
that a stored document does not differ API-wise from an indexer document.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen