lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Segment readers in Lucene 4.2
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 13:58:47 GMT
Hi,

this is all not public tot he code because it is also subject to change!

With Lucene 4.x, you can assume:
directoryReader.leaves().get(i) corresponds to segmentsinfos.info(i)

WARNING: But this is only true if:
- the reader is instanceof DirectoryReader
- the segmentinfos were opened on the exact same commit point like the directory reader. If
you have IndexWriter concurrently committing in between, this is no longer correct. To make
this 100% correct, do DirectoryReader.listCommits(), chose one single "defined" commit and
use it for DirectoryReader.open(CommitPoint) and the segmentInfos.read(Dir, commitPoint.getSegmentFileName()).
Ideally open the DirectoryReader first, so it holds a lock, so the segments file may not be
deleted before/while reading the segmentInfos.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen