lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Split index and store
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 09:51:04 GMT
Hello team,

          I have a query and I am explaining it as below.

Objective : To split index and store, and combine it during query time

Approach : Have two index writers, one will write a storedField and the
other will write an indexed Field(Index.TRUE).

The Question : This happens sequentially(Store and index a single doc, then
move to the next one). Does this mean the docIds will be same in both the
indexes stored and indexed (Assuming docIds are  sequential)? Am interested
in this because, when I get the docIds from the indexed index during the
query time, I can simply use reader.get(int docId) and retrieve the doc
from the stored index. Please to note, I don't perform any update/delete on
the indexes.

Other solution : Can have an app supplied UUID, which will additionally be
stored in the indexed index and also indexed in the stored index. But the
problem is when I have fetched the UUIDs from the indexed index, I will
have to do a searcher.search(UUID1 .. UUIDn) on the stored field, which I
feel is costly.

Hope I am understandable and less ambiguous. Help appreciated.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,