lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Split index and store
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:28:22 GMT
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:

> Never rely on lucene internal doc ids.  Use your own.  Lucene searches
> on unique ids are of course very fast.

Point taken Ian. So in case I have 100 matching doc Ids and so the next
step is either collate the 100 docIds into a query with OR, or do a
searcher.search() for 100 times.

Fine, if it isn't very expensive.

On a slightly related note, stumbled upon this thread
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/App-supplied-docID-in-lucene-possible-td4015797.htmlas
well. Some good discussion on this.