lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lucas van overberghe <lucas...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene scoring
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 07:36:17 GMT
Hi,

We are currently using Hibernate Search but had some questions
regarding scoring. We are implementing a quicksearchengine in our
webapp but want to customize the scoring a bit.

Let's say, you have a User named Peter, and a search is done on Peter.
The first result should therefore not be a document where his name
pops up a few times but instead be the contact details of Peter where
his name might popup only once.

How would we go and implement this ? Is it neccesary to change the
Lucene scoring algorithm or is there a better/easier way?

Thanks and kind regards,

Lucas Van Overberghe