lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sashidhar Guntury <sashidhar.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beginner's questions
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 03:46:18 GMT
hi,

I think this stack overflow question might be of some help to you-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2842500/updating-lucene-index

Note that the constructor method has changed and you might have to specify
the append mode in the indexWriterConfig method. Take a look at this -
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_2_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriterConfig.html

You can then update the document by the term according to this function -
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_2_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html#updateDocument(org.apache.lucene.index.Term,
java.lang.Iterable)

P.S - I'm new to Lucene and as such to the whole search engine world so I
might be wrong but does it make sense to use lucene for a db that changes
so often? The whole premise of using a search engine is to pre-process a
huge chunk of data (that changes very infrequently) and then searching for
things in it...

sashidhar