lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Arun Kumar K <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject Wild Card Query Performance
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 09:37:58 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have been testing the search time improvement in Lucene 4.0 from Lucene
3.0.2 version for Wildcard Queries (with atleast say 2 chars Eg.ar*).

For a 2GB size index with 4000000 docs, the following observations were
made:

Around 3X improvement with and without STRING sort on a sortable field.

I guess this improvement is because of the Automation Query by Robert which
is used in WildCard Queries.

As per mike's blog, FuzzyQueries are 100X times faster in 4.0 but these
wildcard queries are not that faster comparatively.

I have used default codecs and postings format.

Did i miss something or is it the max improvement that we can expect
currently for WildCard Queries?

Arun