lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk indexing and delete old index files
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:14:14 GMT
If you kept an "indexed_time" field, you could always just index
to the same instance and then do a delete by query, something like
commit and go. That would delete everything indexed before midnight.
last night (NOW/DAY rounds down).

Note, most of this would be already replaced if your new documents
had the same <uniqueKey> value as the old ones, then the old ones
would be automatically replaced.

Best
Erick