lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite for RegexpQuery
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:22:48 GMT
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Carsten Schnober
<schnober@ids-mannheim.de> wrote:
> Am 11.03.2013 13:38, schrieb Michael McCandless:
>> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Set the rewrite method to e.g. SCORING_BOOLEAN_QUERY_REWRITE, then this should
work (after rewrite your query is a BooleanQuery, which supports extractTerms()).

>> ... as long as you don't exceed the max number of terms allowed by BQ
>> (1024 by default, but you can raise it).
>
> True, I've noticed this meanwhile. Are there any recommendations for
> this setting where the limit is as large as possible while staying
> within a reasonable performance? Of course, this is highly subjective,
> but what's the magnitude here? Will a limit of 1,024,000 typically
> increase the query time by the factor 1,000 too?
> Carsten

I think 1024 may already be too high ;)

But really it depends on your situation: test different limits and see.

How much slower a larger query is depends on the specifics of the terms ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com