lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example phrase query with lucene version 4
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:59:42 GMT
QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(Version.whatever, "somefield", new
WhateverAnalyzer());
Query q = qp.parse("\"The mouse gnawed the clothes of the king of Rome\"");

and q should be a PhraseQuery if I've got the quoting right.  Some of
those words might be stop words which might cause you problems
although probably not if you use the same analyzer and stop word list
at indexing and search time.

Search using q as you would for any other sort of query.

See also http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#Why_am_I_getting_no_hits_.2BAC8_incorrect_hits.3F.

--
Ian.