lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <>
Subject Re: high memory usage by indexreader
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:43:18 GMT
Searching doesn't usually use that much memory, even on large indexes.

What version of lucene are you on?  How many docs in the index?  What
does a slow query look like (q.toString()) and what search method are
you calling?  Anything else relevant you forgot to tell us?

Or google "lucene sharding" if you are determined to split the index.