lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Guerrero <sir...@gmail.com>
Subject Update DocValues and Query Time Join performance on DocValues
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 16:52:31 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've seen in a couple of old presentations that DocValues will be updatable
(without updating the whole document) but I cannot find anything recent on
this. Is this currently possible on 4.2? Is there any example on how to do
it?

Also, I have the impression that Query Time Joins should be really fast
using DocValues, as you have random access, but I would like to know what's
the real cost of traversing a relationship, is it constant?, logarithmic?,
linear?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo