lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bratislav Stojanovic <bratislav1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting documents from suggestions
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:29:16 GMT
Hey Jack,

I've tried MoreLikeTHis, but it always returns me 0 hits. Here's the code,
it's very simple :

// test2
Index lucene = null;
try {
lucene = new Index();
 MoreLikeThis mlt = new MoreLikeThis(lucene.reader);
mlt.setAnalyzer(lucene.analyzer);
Reader target = new StringReader("apache");
Query query = mlt.like(target, "contents");
 TopDocs results = lucene.searcher.search(query, 10);
ScoreDoc[] hits = results.scoreDocs;
 System.out.println("Total "+hits.length+" hits");
 for (int i = 0; i < hits.length; i++) {
Document doc = lucene.searcher.doc(hits[i].doc);
System.out.println("Hit "+i+" : "+doc.getField("id").stringValue());
}
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} finally {
if (lucene != null) lucene.close();
}

Here are my fields in the index :

Field pathField = new StringField("path", file.getPath(), Field.Store.YES);
doc.add(pathField);

doc.add(new LongField("modified", file.lastModified(), Field.Store.NO));
// id so we can fetch metadata
doc.add(new LongField("id", id, Field.Store.YES));
// add default user (guest)
doc.add(new LongField("userid", -1L, Field.Store.YES));

doc.add(new TextField("contents", new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(fis, "UTF-8"))));

Do you have any clue what might be wrong? Btw, searching for "apache"
returns me 36 hits, so index is fine.

P.S. I even tried like(int) and passing Doc. Id. but same thing.