lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bratislav Stojanovic <bratislav1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting documents from suggestions
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:14:54 GMT
Wow that was fast :)

I have implemented a simple search box with auto-suggestions, so whenever
user
types in something, ajax call is fired to the SuggestServlet and in return
10 suggestions
are shown. It's working fine with the SpellChecker class, but I only get
array of Strings.

What I want is to get lucene Document instances so I can use doc.get("id")
to filter those suggestions.
This field is my field, doesn't have to do anything with the default Doc.
Id field Lucene generates.

Here's an example : when I type "apache" I get suggestions like "apache.org",
"apache2" etc.
Now I want to have something like this :
Document doc = SomeClass.getDocFromSuggestion("apache.org");
if (doc.get("id") == ...) {
   //add suggestion into the result
} else {
   //do nothing.