lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene slow performance
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 23:08:00 GMT
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Scott Smith <ssmith@mainstreamdata.com> wrote:
> " Do you always close IndexWriter after adding few documents and when closing, disable
"wait for merge"? In that case, all merges are interrupted and the merge policy never has
a chance to merge at all (because you are opening and closing IndexWriter all the time with
cancelling all merges)?"

> Frankly I don't quite understand what this means.  When I "close" the indexwriter, I
simply call close().  Is that the wrong thing?
that should be fine...

this sounds very odd though, do you see file that get actually removed
/ merged if you call IndexWriter#forceMerge(1)

simon

> Thanks
>
> Scott

to me like a misconfigured merge policy or using the NoMergePolicy. With 3,000 segments, it
will be slow, the question is, why do you get those?