lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Smith <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Lucene slow performance
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 22:15:28 GMT
We have a system that is using lucene and the searches are very slow.  The number of documents
is fairly small (less than 30,000) and each document is typically only 2 to 10 kilo-characters.
 Yet, searches are taking 15-16 seconds.

One of the things I noticed was that the index directory has several thousand (3000+) .cfs
files.  We do optimize the index once per day.  This is a system that probably gets several
thousand document deletes and additions per day (spread out across the day).

Any thoughts.  We didn't really notice this until we went to 4.x.

Scott