lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <chris.bamf...@talktalk.net>
Subject Multi-value fields in Lucene 4.1
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:57:47 GMT
Hi,

If I index several similar values in a multivalued field (e.g. many authors to one book),
is there any way to know which of these matched during a query?
e.g.

  Book "The art of Stuff", with authors "Bob Thingummy" and "Belinda Bootstrap"

If we queried for +(author:Be*) and matched this document, is there a way of drilling down
and identifying the specific sub-field that actually triggered the match ("Belinda Bootstrap")
?  I was wondering what the lowest granularity of matching actually is - document / field
/ sub-field ...

I am happy to index with term vectors and positions if it helps.

Thanks,

- Chris