lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <>
Subject Re: Multi-value fields in Lucene 4.1
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:02:47 GMT
I don't think there is a way of identifying which of the values of a
multivalued field matched. But... I haven't checked the code to be
absolutely certain whether their isn't some expert way.

Also, realize that multiple values could match, such as if you queried for

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bamford
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 5:57 AM
Subject: Multi-value fields in Lucene 4.1

If I index several similar values in a multivalued field (e.g. many authors
to one book), is there any way to know which of these matched during a

  Book "The art of Stuff", with authors "Bob Thingummy" and "Belinda

If we queried for +(author:Be*) and matched this document, is there a way of
drilling down and identifying the specific sub-field that actually triggered
the match ("Belinda Bootstrap") ?  I was wondering what the lowest
granularity of matching actually is - document / field / sub-field ...

I am happy to index with term vectors and positions if it helps.

- Chris

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message