lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Schnober <schno...@ids-mannheim.de>
Subject Re: Rewrite for RegexpQuery
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:32:44 GMT
Am 11.03.2013 13:38, schrieb Michael McCandless:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>
>> Set the rewrite method to e.g. SCORING_BOOLEAN_QUERY_REWRITE, then this should work
(after rewrite your query is a BooleanQuery, which supports extractTerms()).

> ... as long as you don't exceed the max number of terms allowed by BQ
> (1024 by default, but you can raise it).

True, I've noticed this meanwhile. Are there any recommendations for
this setting where the limit is as large as possible while staying
within a reasonable performance? Of course, this is highly subjective,
but what's the magnitude here? Will a limit of 1,024,000 typically
increase the query time by the factor 1,000 too?
Carsten

--
Institut für Deutsche Sprache | http://www.ids-mannheim.de
Projekt KorAP                 | http://korap.ids-mannheim.de