lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nils Knappmeier <n.knappme...@i-views.de>
Subject AutoSuggest with Query-Filters
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:31:55 GMT
Dear all,

I have a request to implement an auto-suggest feature for our lucene
based product.
We have upgraded to Lucene 4.1 and intend to use the AnalyzingSuggester,
but we cannot determine the correct way of using it for our request.

We have problems with two aspects:

1) The suggester should suggest original (stored) field values. The API
is be built such that a LuceneDictionary is used to provide terms to the
suggester. A Dictionary provides a BytesRefIterator, which is (i.e. in
LuceneDictionary) implemented to return the tokenized and analyzed terms
with reduced umlauts and plural forms).
How is the intended use here?

2) We do want to suggest terms that have an empty search result. There
are a number of filters that can be set (zip-code, categories). Our
problem is that there is no way to tell the suggester about these
filters. Do we have to iterate all suggested terms and check for each
one, if it provides results with the given filter settings?

Thanks in advance,
   Nils Knappmeier

Nils Knappmeier | Software Engineer
intelligent views gmbh
Julius-Reiber-Str. 17 |64293 Darmstadt

Tel ++49(0)6151 - 5006-228 | Fax ++49(0)6151 - 5006-138
e-mail: n.knappmeier@i-views.de | www.i-views.de

Geschäftsführer: Achim Gärtner, Jörg Kleinz, Klaus Reichenberger Die
Gesellschaft ist eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Darmstadt (Sitz der
Gesellschaft) Nr. HRB 7965

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie
nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren
Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die
unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.