lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: TopDocCollector vs TopScoreDocCollector (semantics changed in 4.0, not backward comptabile)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:27:44 GMT
On 03/01/2013 07:56 AM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> The slowdown happens not on making the doc ids absolute (it is just an addition), the
slowdown appears when you retrieve the stored fields on the top-level reader (because the
composite top-level reader has to do a binary search in the reader tree to find the correct
reader). This answer was related to the code pasted by the user asking this question.
Thanks - that's added a new nugget to my understanding :)

-Mike