lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From dizh <d...@neusoft.com>
Subject Solr Or Lucene Paging
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 06:48:41 GMT

Hi,All:

 I want to ask a question, How does Solr implements Paging, such as start = 1000000 and row
= 20
 I roughly saw Solr source, hare is the code:
 getDocListNC(QueryResult qr,QueryCommand cmd) ;
 often it uses :
 topCollector = TopFieldCollector.create(weightSort(cmd.getSort()), len, false, needScores,
needScores, true);
 super.search(query, luceneFilter, collector);
 See it , it only fetch all docs and then do paging, So my question is Is it too slow? if
I set len = 10000000 Often cause OOM
 Is Solr shard can perfectly solve it?
 Thank you!

of