lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: LUCENE-4713
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:53:34 GMT
Use:
Codecs.reloadCodecs(yourClassloader) in your application initialization code. yourClassloader
can be e.g. this.getClass().getClassLoader().
The same method exists for PostingsFormats, unfortunately there is no method to automatically
reload all SPIs in Lucene.

The most correct fix would be to tell your application server to use the context class loader.
The same issue exists with all SPIs Java might use (like XML parsers externally from the JDK
are not found), so J2EE recommends to set the context class loader on application startup
before you create any threads. Servlet containers like Tomcat or Jetty do this automatically.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de